CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

hit the rewind button & push play

After Grayson was born, a train hit me. Chugga chugga choo choo!

....and I looked like death.....and I waddled around.....and I watched Cosby Show with a baby attached to me 24/7 (nursing) .....and I ate many, many slices of pizza.

I was a little detached from the world around me.  Which reminds me of a story....

Date: April 1, 2010
Place: Pew Apartment
Time: mid-afternoon

I was nursing on the couch in the front room.  Happy was I, as I looked down at my beautiful baby boy.  I thought to myself how life couldn't get much more perfect than this.  *sigh* Suddenly, the front door swings open & Scott rushes in with a distraught face.  As prone to anxiety as I am, my heart rate was already dancing wildly in my chest.  Scott dashes into our bedroom and turns on the radio....static....nothing but static. I then hear him answer his phone and say things like....."we will pack our bags right now and come stay over there til things are safe"....."bomb threats"....."we aren't safe here."  I cuddled Grayson in my arms as I began to cry the kind of sob that makes your sight look as if you are looking out a window during a tropical storm.  Scott comes back into the room and announces that there were nuclear attacks on LA, Phoenix, NY, Las Vegas, and Washington D.C. and that we needed to go stay at his parent's house where the rest of the family was gathering, as well. By this time, I was practically drowning in my own hurricane of tears. After a few more minutes of Scott's impeccable drama, he mentioned mid-sentence that it was....APRIL FOOL'S DAY. 

Only a new mom who is very detached from the world around her would get fooled by such poppycock.

Soooooo.....I never got around to sharing with anyone the kodak moments of our little gift and personality packed son, Grayson Scott Pew.  Let the show begin!
Disclaimer: I am much too slow at this to post all tonight so come back for an afternoon delight!



Now you see why I waddled for so long.

Thanks to Sarah Garner, I have the sweetest pictures of my newborn.

Even his pee leaks love me.
I love watching his oversized lips bounce about as he nurses in his sleep.

Grayson discovering that he can control the movement of his hand.....well, almost.
"I must....get...this...fleshy pale thing....in my mouth at once."- said in the Stuey voice, of course.


precious.

Y.M.C.A.


At an all girls birthday party-- needless to say, Grayson was stoked!




Intermission. 

2 comments:

Trent & Lindz said...

This is the first time I've read your blog! Very cute:) I don't believe that belly picture can possibly be real! Every time I see it I'm amazed that you don't topple over. haha! Here's a late welcome to the blogging world :) (P.S. we have a blog too but it's private so if you would like to come read just send me your email. linsloo1@juno.com)

AUBREY said...

It still baffles me that you two are married and parents no less. I think I like to live in my delusional little world that everyone should still be single like me >.>

Post a Comment