CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

He's 1! 15 more years, ladies.

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!

....my dear Grayson.



I can't believe my baby is one!
Where has the time gone?

Grayson is no longer that little peanut that I would cuddle day and night.  In fact, he is quite the opposite.....he is busy!  Grayson's new adventures/accomplishments include:
  • saying mama and dada....and I swear he knows what they mean!
  • my mom taught him just last week how to say 'thank you.' Cutest thing ever!!!
  • apparently I say 'uh oh' alot......because my little boy says it all the time.
  • he took four steps last week!!! (I must say he is a little scared to do it again for the time being.)
  • he cruises around the house holding onto walls, couches, chairs, etc.
  • he has quite the sense of humor...I mean come on....he is Scott Pew's son.  He does this laugh where he scrunches his nose and forces out a very loud laugh. If any of you have seen Scott do this, you would be amazed at how alike they are. 
  • he climbs on, under, and through just about anything....I know this is the case when I hear him yell MAMA in a desperate tone of voice.
  • he is starting to get picky about textures of food....no bueno.
  • he knows how to take off his diapers......that's when I say UH OH!
....the list goes on and on.  I love this little boy! He is a handful of energy and packed with his own opinion, but he keeps me well entertained.  There are those little moments when he is getting sleepy or forgets that there are toys everywhere that he will cuddle close to me and gently rub my back or play with my fingers. Oh! It is payment in full and then some!  I am far from being an amazing mother, but I do believe I am blessed with an amazing son.




  Happy first birthday, Grayson! I look forward to seeing that wide mouth smile again and again in the years to come. 

-Love, Mom








He may look like his dad.....but he eats like his MADRE!!! : )




I regret not taking pics of the birthday decorations I put together. I am NOT crafty, but thanks to Martha Stewart and her brilliance....I had some pretty cute things.  Darn.  Like I mentioned before in other posts, we are not the best at documenting things with pictures.  That should be my new years resolution! Ta Ta for now.

2 comments:

MegRich said...

Ha ha. What a sweet boy. He really knew how to dig into that cupcake. Looks like he loved it! Happy Birthday Grayson!

Sheri said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I loved how he literally did not stop eating the cake once he started. When Nolan turned 1, he cried when we trued to feed him his cake. He refused to touch it. To this day, he still doesn't care for sweets. Grayson is a stud! Happy B'day lil man!

Post a Comment